24 Jan 2012

Pepper chicken (Kali Mirch Murgh)



Enjoying a sumptous meal on Sunday afternoon is an ultimate pleasure. Residing in a multi-storey building with so many families together has it own plethora of initiatives. The clock ticks 12"0 clock and you can sense different smells emanating from each home. Every woman busy in the kitchen, toiling hard to give the best food of the week to their family. Its the festive mood lingering in everyones mind that ticks their ribs to cook a mouth watering platter. What a wonderful way to begin a week!! 
Three cheers to my family, my mom who always had an edge over her generation to cook even the simplest two ingredient dish to a sumptous affair. My dad, the masterchef at our home always made me and my siblings to wait for Sunday for the exemplary food he cooked. Mutton Biryani, Liver and kidney curry, Mutton korma, Mutton fry, Raita, Rotis and Salad were laid on our table for the Sunday fests. 
Well, tried my best to reach atleast 10% of what my Mom and Dad used to do for me. Wish, i each time get inspired by my childhood memories and the neighbours around me to excel in what i cook for my husband. Love my best critic!! My Husband!!






Ingredients
500 grams of Chicken pieces
½ tsp. Turmeric Powder 
1 tsp. Ginger Paste
1 tsp. Garlic Paste
100 grams of Green Chilli Paste
Salt (to taste)
1 Lemon Juice 
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds
4 Curry Leaves
2 medium Onions
1 ½ tbsp. Coriander Powder 
2 tsp. Crushed Pepper
A bunch of Fresh Coriander/Cilantro Leaves (Hara Dhania)


Directions
Marinate the chicken pieces with turmeric, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chilli paste, salt and lemon juice. Chop the onions and keep them aside.
In a kadai or heavy based pot, heat the oil and add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle, add in the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
Now add the curry leaves, coriander powder and crushed pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes and add in the marinated chicken.
Sear on high flame, then reduce heat and cook for another 15 minutes - stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle in the chopped coriander leaves and cook for 2 minutes. Before serving garnish with more crushed pepper and coriander leaves. Serve it hot with Pulav or Roti, Naan and Paranthas.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tanisha.

    I hope you enjoyed your time at the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts on how you fared in your kitchen. I would be glad you took time to do the same. I would, for sure catch up with everyone of you.

If you have a comment or question or just want to say hello, you can also write to me at nakhatsattar@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...